ENGIE Solutions Selected by Tennessee Transit Agency to Implement Integrated Technological Services
State of the Art Platform Will Provide Innovative Support to MATA Operations
MEMPHIS, TN - The Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA) has selected ENGIE Solutions to implement innovative technology to improve its daily operations and passenger experience. With this new 11-year contract, MATA will upgrade its fleet of more than 200 vehicles with Navineo, ENGIE Solutions’ Intelligent Transport Systems and Services (ITSS) solution.
Each vehicle in the MATA fleet of fixed-route buses, paratransit vehicles and rail trolley will include the following Navineo ITSS solutions:
- Computer Aided Dispatch/Automatic Vehicle Location (CAD/AVL) system to enhance and streamline bus operations from dispatch, resulting in improved daily operations, reduced operational cost, and better customer communications. With Navineo’s dispatch system, all passenger facing applications are updated in real-time when a schedule is modified eliminating rider confusion.
- Automatic Passenger Counting (APC) system to enhance route evaluation and optimization, monitor vehicle load, and improve performance.
- On-Board Informational Technology will enhance the passenger experience with reliable, real-time information. This will provide passengers with quick, easy-to-understand information to assist with travel planning. Navineo ITSS solutions will provide interior and exterior voice annunciation, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant visual information through on-board signs, and real-time updates from dispatch all along the journey, which will reinforce how MATA communicates with its riders.
- The Pedestrian Warning System (PWS) will help prevent collisions through automatic audio broadcast messages from the vehicle speakers. The messages warn pedestrians when the bus is turning.
- Vehicle Health Monitoring will perform diagnostic and prognostic monitoring to ensure an effective maintenance strategy.
The integration of ENGIE Solutions is expected to be operational by the end of 2021.
MATA is excited about this opportunity to partner with ENGIE’s Solutions. Their innovative platform will elevate the experience of our passengers and improve the organization’s operational efficiency
We are excited to be able to support MATA as they continue improving the experience of MATA riders. Our goal is to work effectively on increasing the appeal of public transportation which is the most environmentally friendly mode of transportation.